Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Buckle Ring


Here is another variation of the Buckle idea!  The Buckle Ring.


I can't take full credit for this.  One of my favorite bank tellers saw the Buckle Bracelet and mentioned that it would make a nice ring.  You just never know where ideas will come from!  The ring portion itself is made with non-tarnish square wire, and the wire wraps are sterling, half round.  I've included a picture showing the underside of the ring so you can see how it's put together.


 Again, the buckle itself it made entirely of cylinder seed-beads (This one happens to be made of the Toho brand.), and it is amazingly sturdy because I've also covered it with a protective clear-coat.This ring is a custom-made piece, so this particular ring (size 5) is spoken for.  But it can be done again!  Remember, I do custom work.


P.S.  I'm also toying with the idea of making some matching Buckle Earrings and Buckle Necklace.  The logistics aren't completely worked out in my head yet, but I'm hoping for a bolt of imagination-lightning soon! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...