Sunday, March 27, 2011

Drusy-Berry Necklace

Here it is just hangin' out in the garden!  Actually, this necklace was inspired by the material the cab is made from - something new to me - called Drusy.  Drusy is the name for any type of crystals that grow on rocks.  I encountered this one at this year's local gem faire, and wow!  I had to have it!  I wire-wrapped it into the pendant you see here.  (Here's a close-up so you can see the amazing detail of this tear-drop shaped piece.  I'm totally enthralled by Drusy - can you tell?!!)



Then I encountered the beautiful red crystals that you see here!  This two-strand necklace is a special piece because it also includes the metal spacers with embedded Swarovski crystals that my husband bought me as part of an anniversary gift when we were first married!


And last, but definitely not least!!! The clasp!  This heavy, crystal-laden, vintage clasp has been part of my collection for a long time, just waiting to be re-vamped and included in a special piece someday.  Finally that day has come!  This was a departure from my normal seed-bead items, but sometimes you just have to do what the inspiration calls for!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...