Friday, February 15, 2013

Vice or Virtue?

Lately I've been sucked into the vortex of the wide and wonderful world of internet shopping!  I must admit I never thought of myself as much of a shopper.  When I was young my Mom would take me shopping, and what I mostly remember is marathon days and tired feet at the end of it.  During which time I would have to try of tons of clothes, most of which never fit right.   Then, there was the peculiar smell the hangers would leave on your hands.  Suffice it to say, I thought I was the odd-ball girl - the one who didn't like shopping.

Then I discovered beads, books (anything I didn't have to try on), things that let me take a mental vacation, a place to go to create!!!!  Okay, so I learned I liked craft shopping!  That brings me to today.  Now that I have an on-line shoppe (TerahClassyCreations.etsy.com), I find I spend more time on the computer than I used to.  NOW I can shop without the wierd smell of hangers on my hands, without the tired feet at the end of the day.  I can just browse the endless virtual aisles of EYE-CANDY everywhere!!!!!  Wooohoooo!

So my question is, is this a good thing or not? 

Pro:  1.  I have bought many supplies lately that will hopefully (soon) become many beautiful creations!

Con:  1.  I have bought many supplies, that haven't yet become finished creations.

Pro:  2.  I can shop from the comfort of my home, and have direct contact with the shop owners (if I'm shopping on Etsy), without the wierd feeling you sometimes get when your in a small shop in person.  You know, when you feel like you HAVE to buy something because the owner has been watching you the whole time. 

Con:  2.  I feel so much more free to browse a LONG time!  So I find MORE stuff to buy!!!

Pro:  3.  It's fun!

Con:  3.  It's fun!  (Yeah, I know it's the same answer.  But the con is that it can be addictive.)

Pro:  4.  When you run to the mailbox, it's like your about to open a gift from yourself (that you KNOW you will love)!

Con:  4.  I can't think of a bad side to this!


I guess I'm just saying I love shopping online much more than I ever thought I would!  But I guess, as with anything, balance is the key!  I will be posting the things I've made from these newly bought supplies, which I hope everyone will love - I've found some really exciting things out there lately that I hope to combine in unique ways to making truly unique and stunning jewelry! Soon I'll be posting more before/afters of what I've made (like these).


I'd love to hear your thought on on-line shopping - vice or virtue?

Until next time,

Have fun!!!

Terah
TerahClassyCreations.etsy.com, a.k.a.,
TerahsClassicCreations.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. I think trying to keep a balance is really hard! But possible.
    I've totally avoided online shopping for years but, honestly, some deals are too good and cheap to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love shopping online, I am not crazy about crowds, but the downside is always that you really have no guarantees of what you are getting online! I LOVE your stuff! Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashley, I'm so glad you like my shop. I agree - I'm not always the craziest about crowds either - but that's what makes on-line shopping great!!!! Virtual crowds are much easier to manage.:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...