Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sentimental Journey

Recently some friends of mine lost a close family member in death.  A beloved mother and grandmother.  She was in her late 90's, contributed greatly to the community, and will be sorely missed by many.  My heart goes out to them.

A few weeks ago I was given a necklace that her daughter received from her.  She asked me to use the beads to make her some jewelry with it.  I was excited but a little daunted by the fact that this was from her mother.  I forged ahead.  

I wish I would have taken some pictures of the necklace before I changed it.  It was a short, simple two-strand necklace with all red beads.  Very pretty.  However, the length needed to be changed a bit for her daughter to wear more frequently, and she requested matching clip-on earrings as well.  Here are the end results - a necklace, earrings, and bracelet. . . .








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...