Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sunshine in Darkness

Recently a friend that was an essential part of my life growing up, specifically in my teenage years, is suddenly gone.  I still can't believe that it happened.  He was an innocent civilian that was doing his job, when someone gunned him down out of nowhere.  I still can't believe it.


The day of his memorial was surreal, and I can only imagine what his family must be feeling.


Of course, as it is part of my way of coping, I had to escape.  This little flower offered to brighten my day - a little bit of yellow sunshine on a dark day.  The result is this necklace.  Instead of my usual project that takes a VERY long time to create, I needed something different.


This necklace seems to be a little symbolic somehow - the dark obstacles that life sends our way, but how eventually the sun will come out, and everything will eventually be put to right (Rev. 21:4).  Hope out of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...