Friday, August 31, 2012

Almost Here . .

About a year ago I promised myself I would someday make a Calla Lily Necklace.  It was a particularly good year for my garden & my Calla Lilies were especially beautiful.  So I took some snapshots and they inspired me. 




(Aren't these Lilies beautiful?  By the way, this necklace is still available. :-)



(This necklace has long since sold - but honestly - I'm just showing you the Calla Lilies, right?)
 
 
 
I've made a few things in lieu of that idea, i.e., these listings here:  https://www.etsy.com/listing/73113973/wire-work-earrings-filigree-lily-in-rosy or https://www.etsy.com/listing/107639909/earrings-metalwork-lily-dangle-with-red.  But they weren't EXACTLY what I had in mind.  I wanted to make an asymmetrical necklace with a bead-woven Calla Lily as center stage.

So after a year of deliberating, and after learning to do the viking-knit wire-weaving technique, it all came together.  I have now created the necklace I had in mind, plus a pair of matching earrings.  I can't wait to show them to you, but they are off to be professionally photographed - another thing I'm extremely excited about! 

So, this is exclusive information.  Only a few people have seen these finished pieces.  As soon as I have the pictures available, I will let you know - before they're available in my shop!  Hopefully it will only be a week or two.  So let the count-down begin! . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...