Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Interview

A few weeks ago I finished Etsy School, where fellow shop owners were paired up to help critique each other's shops and offer constructive criticism.  It has been a fun few weeks.  So.......

I want to introduce you to my new friend Jeanie.  She owns The online shop www.etsy.com/shop/jeaniebeanhandknits.  It's full of super cute hats, scarves, bags, tablet cases, etc. - all hand knit by Jeanie!  Let's find out more about her!

1.  Besides Etsy, what do you like to do?  Do you have a job you love?  A subject you are studying?

Jeanie:  I am an early childhood special ed teacher.  I am also working on an endorsement to teach ELLS.  I'll be done in May after 2 years.  And I knit at night and on the weekends.

2.  What do you like to do during your down time?

Jeanie:  When the weather is nice, I like gardening, love to visit Chicago for the music, street festivals, restaurants, and shopping.  I love movies and "bad" TV like The Bachelor and Ghost Hunters.

3.  Do you like to travel?   Where are your favorite places to visit or your dream vacation?

Jeanie:  I love to travel and would love to visit Europe.  I've been three different times, but would love to go back to Ireland and visit Italy as well.  I also love tropical areas and would love to visit the West Indies or Thailand.

Regarding your business:

1.  What inspires you to create what you do?

Jeanie:  I love color and texture.  I'm a bit of a yarn and button hoarder, so sometimes just putting the two together inspires me to make something.  I have more ideas than I can actually sit down to create!

2.  Do you have any business background?

Jeanie:  The only business background I have is by association with my husband's business.  I am too busy to take on another task, so he has other people handle the paperwork.  So, the short answer is that I'm learning as I go.  I'd like to take a business course or two over the Summer.

3.  Where do you see yourself in five years?

Jeanie:  I have no idea what I'll be doing in five years.  I'll probably still be teaching, but I'd love to own a brick and mortar store - a coffee shop/boutique, a place where people can hang out, read, catch up with friends, and of course, knit!!!!



It was really fun to get to know her!  I don't know about you, but if she ever opens up her brick and mortar store, it sounds like it would be a great place to visit!  In the meantime, you can visit her online shop.   Here are some of my favorite items:



Fun, beautiful colors!  If you like what you see, stop by her shop: 




Enjoy!

Terah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...